Scouts Canada, the country’s leading youth organization, offers challenging programs for boys, girls and youth age 5-26 in thousands of individual groups in most cities and towns across Canada.
A few friendly reminders:
- Scouters that they must adhere to the policies laid out in BP&P Section 13000 "Risk Management" with regards to requests to sign agreements or contracts.
- These contracts can include something as simple as an agreement to use a local mall for a Scouting display. Some of these agreements are worded in such a way that if signed would make Scouts Canada responsible for anything that happened in the mall on the day we use it including gross negligence on the part of the mall owners, their employees, etc.
- All contracts and/or agreements MUST be referred to Iqbal Lalany BCY Operations Manager at or 604-879-5721 ext. 223 (toll free 1-888-726 8876).
- As some documents may require consultation with National Operations please allow at least 3 weeks for processing.
- Click here for a list of organizations that have signed our Indemnification Agreement.
- If there is an organization whose services you would like to use that does not appear on the Indemnification Agreement list please contact Iqbal Lalany and he will work with the organization to try and get an Indemnification Agreement in place.
- We DO NOT ALLOW our members (or their parent/guardians) to sign away their rights.